Saturday, October 1, 2011

What is the screw called that looks like an hour glass for a 1950 chevy?

I am restoring a 1950 3/4 ton chevy pickup. There are a lot of little screws that has a head that is shaped kind of like an hour glass. I need to find the tool to take these off, but I do not know what the screw is called. Can anyone help me?|||I had a '57 chevy truck that was loaded with them too.Its a clutch head screw. I bought my driver from snap-on,but you can get a clutch screwdriver for less money than I paid.If you have a hard time finding one go to a recreational dealer (trailers and motor-homes) ask check their accessories dept. for one.|||Well, I know a place that sells high quality small parts. Micro fasteners are selling fastening accessories such as different kinds of screws, bolts, nuts, washers and other amazing small parts.. Google them to see all their products! Their Facebook page is facebook.com/microfasteners :)

Report Abuse


|||here is a site that will help you out,they are called a clutch head.http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item.asp?鈥?/a>|||I don't think Chevy would have used custom fasteners. Sounds like they were added later. These guys would know. Ask the question on their forums maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment