Saturday, October 1, 2011

Will a chevy 350ci pass smog in a 1985 toyota pickup in California?

I understand that 1985 is not a smog exempt year, but there are chevy 350's that do pass smog with the right equipment. By mixing an asian truck and american engine, will it pass?|||As far as i was told you can not put your engine choice in a toyota and pass smog... your best bet is to talk to a local smog shop. I do know that when doing an engine swap you must make sure that your engine must meet or exceed the smog requirements of the vehicle year... a licenesed smog tech will be able to tell you all that you need to know.


Good Luck!|||I'm not from California but.





My guess is you will have to pass based on the year of your engine or the year of the truck. either way it may be difficult to tell. I would make sure what ever the original engine had on it for pollution controls your 350 will need it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment