Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How can I see if a recall on other year Chevy S10's should be applied to my truck?

I have had several things happen to my truck 1998 that have been covered by it seems like every year except 1998 or to other makes or models from 1998. Most recently my wipers have stopped working from time to time and I discovered a recall for the exact problem for 1996 Chevy S10's. I read somewhere that I needed to look more widely at recalls to see if it applied to all chevy trucks or whatnot. I can't seem to find this. Any ideas?|||i had a 98 and it did the same thing. i took it to the dealer and they told me the recall did not apply to the 98s. I found that the wiper control module under the hood is what goes bad. You can pick it up at an indepent parts place for a whole lot cheaper than the dealer will sell it for.|||Here are 2 places to check:





www.alldata.com -- look under "TSBs and Recall Titles"





Nat'l Highway Transportation Safety Agency has a database of recalls by year, manufacturer and model.


http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/

No comments:

Post a Comment