Friday, September 23, 2011

What type chevy small block is best for OFFROAD?

I have a 1990 Chevy Blazer. 7 inches of lift and 38inch tall TSL tires. I want to rebuild it but what do I need to shop for in the way of cam and piston? I have built a couple of Drag motors but this needs low end. I plan on using the upgraded stock TBI system.|||Find a 350 you are willing to make into a 383 stroker. Kits are available anywhere, and not to pricey. The gears are what will make the best difference for you. Stock gears in those were 2:73 gears and if you have put 38" tires on then your ratio is really whack and you have virtually no power. Good Luck. ( I have an 89 with 8" and 44" mickeys)|||check out summitracing.com....you need low end torque for off road.... a stroker 383 would be good....keep the cam duration below 280 degrees...|||I would go with a 350 and buy a kit to make it into a 383 stroker|||you can get more low end tourque from the 4.3 engine that comes in most blazers i have a 98 and i put headers and bigger trhritle body from a 350 and got much more low end power than my 88 350 tbi with headers and 3/4 racing cam and roller rockers

No comments:

Post a Comment