Tuesday, September 27, 2011

What is the mechanics flat rate to change out a transmission in a Chevy pickup?

We have a 1999 Chevy 3/4 ton silverado with a 5 speed transmission.


Trying to figure out what the hours are in the flat rate book to change this out.|||some say 6 hours flat, but ive seen a few of the old manuals say 6-8 hours and the shop charges for 7 hours at whatever their rate is.|||One of the worst car issues I just went through was when my transmission blew. I know my way around a car somewhat, but not so much when it comes to transmissions. I did some shopping around, but eventually settled on Grand Rapids Transmission (www.grandrapidstransmission.com). I was more comfortable giving my business to a place that specializes in transmission repairs and rebuilds. Besides, their free diagnostic service didn鈥檛 hurt anything either. It was much more painless than I expected to. They offered towing to and from the shop, and their rates were very good too.|||most charge about 50 bucks an hour and it gives 6 hours on changing that one out,but in a good shop it can be done in less time but most shops will charge at least 250-350 to swap it out,you cant hardly get one done for less,if its 4 wheel drive add another 125 to that price,good luck.|||haha probably not cheap|||2 or 4 wheel drive?

No comments:

Post a Comment