Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How do I find out about the warranty I have on my 04 Chevy Tahoe?

My husband and I purchased and 04 Chevy Tahoe back in October of 2006. We aslo purchased an extended warranty with it to cover anything that breaks. Well we are looking to trade it in for a different vehicle and I was thinking about canceling the warranty on the SUV before we trade it in so we can get that money back, we financed it through Americredit (don't ask me why b/c my husband has excellent credit and Americredit is a secondary lender, but anyways...) How do I go about cancelling the extended warranty? Approximatly how long does it take to recieve the check in the mail?|||You can get a refund on most warranties, however it will be pro-rated and won't be much. If you got the warranty at the dealership, go and see the Finance Manager and tell him you want to cancel your warranty. It will take a few weeks to receive the funds, so you'll have to be patient. I hope this helps and you can email if you have questions.|||Ive never heard of anyone being able to cancel the warrenty on their vehicle before but i guess that would be up to the dealership. If it still has a decent warrenty on it, maybe the dealership you are trading it in at will give you more for it. A vehicle is worth more when its protected by warrenties. You should have recieved something in the mail concerning your warrenty as well. It took a few months to get my information. I would check with the dealership you are thinking of buying from first and see what they will do for you, and if they dont offer you more for your tahoe then go back to the original dealership you bought it from and ask them for the information.|||I don't think you can cancel almost 2 years into a contract! Even if you could, the refund would go to the lender, not you.|||You'll only get guesses here. Call the company that sold you the extended warranty and they should be able to tell you their cancellation/refund process.

No comments:

Post a Comment