Tuesday, September 27, 2011

How much is a 2000 chevy cavalier worth?

I just crashed my work car(a 2000 chevy cavalier) and I was wondering what u think my insurance company will give me for it? It has 137,000 miles, there was nothing wrong with it until now. It is totaled both airbags blew.|||edmunds.com and kelly blue book, figure on the lowest number|||In Canada we usually give 1000- 1500 on trade.|||Probably around $2,500, less your deductible of course.|||i have a '99 cavalier 2.2L with 90K miles and last time i checked it wasnt even good for 2 grand|||In April 2007 I had a totalled 1998 Pontiac Sunfire(essentially same car, tend to be about the same value as Cav) it was a 2.4L 2 door coupe and the insurance company paid out $2500.|||if it is a sedan 4 door, it's estimated retail value would be if in excellent condition, $4300 - $3200. It shouldn't take long for your insurance company to send an appraiser out. I would guesstimate that you'd get at least half that.|||about 1400.00 +/-|||i would say $4000


you could try KBB to|||I think you could request somewhere around $2,500 for it. If you don't tell your adjuster how much you want for it, they'll just write you a check for what they think you'll accept. Also make sure you mention the tax and title transfer. They'll also pay that but you usually have to ask. Go to KBB.com like the above answer suggested and print out a retail price sheet for your car. That will let them know that you didn't just pull a price from thin air.

No comments:

Post a Comment