Friday, September 23, 2011

Is it difficult to change the intake gasket on a 2001 chevy blazer?

I have a 2001 Chevy Blazer. Every time I pour coolant in there it comes right back out. A car shop told me that I needed to change the intake gasket which is a $60 kit, plus $240 with labor. I think that I can save a lot if I just did it myself. I'm going to give it a try. Is it very hard to do?|||Let the pros do it. If you make the smallest mistake it may cost you an engine.|||If you have never done this and you do not know how to do it, then don't! You can wind up doing even more damage to the motor and it could then cost thousands to replace the entire engine!|||Get a shop manual for your truck and read what is involved and see if you think you are up to the task if you have never worked on a car before don't do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment