Friday, September 23, 2011

What is the correct method to activate four wheel drive on chevy blazer 1984?

I have a 1984 Chevy Blazer, and before I try to start using the 4 wheel drive, I want to know the method to put it in gear so I don't mess up the transmission.Thanks.|||For my 87, the truck must be neutral, and I have to have the brake pedal depressed, before it will allow me to shift the transfer case. Yours is probably the same. If you have automatic hubs, you are on your way. If not, don't forget to get out and lock them (with the truck in Park).|||just leave the truck running, and the transmission in neutral and shift away. if you have the manual locking hubs on the tires you can lock those before or after shifting the transfercase. also wouldnt hurt to back up a inch or so then go forward to make sure they fully engage. sometimes mine gives me trouble from having mud or water in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment