Friday, September 23, 2011

How do I lift the rear seat up on a 2005 Chevy Equinox to access the battery?

I need to lift the seat "up" not fold it down. In order to access the battery which is under the seat of my 2005 Chevy Equinox, but I have been unable to find out how. There is one big lever under the seat, but I cannot use it to lift the seat up. Perhaps it is jammed? Thanks for your help!|||Under the seat,,,,,,hmmmmmm. Mine was under the hood. All that's under my backseat is some old M%26amp;M's, and a few pennies.|||I've looked through your Owners Manual. I do not see any information as to lift the seat or to fold it forward after the seatback has been folded. Although there is also an option to slide the seat forward. This is all of the information that I was able to find on this subject in your owners manual.





To fold the seatback down, do the following:


1. Ensure all three of the safety belts are unbuckled


and the front seatbacks are not reclined.


2. Lift the lever located on the top of the seatback to


release the seatback.


3. Fold the seatback forward to the desired position.


To recline the seatback, do the following:


1. Ensure all three of the safety belts are unbuckled


and the front seatbacks are not reclined.


2. Lift and hold the lever located on top of the seatback.


3. Tilt the seatback rearward, then release the lever


when the seatback is in the desired position.


To slide the entire seat forward or rearward,


do the following:


1. Lift and hold the release bar located under the


front of the seat cushion to unlock the seat.


2. Slide the seat to the desired position.


3. Release the bar.


4. Try to move the seat back and forth to ensure the


seat is locked in place.





I hope this helps you!





Jeff Morris, GM Customer Service|||In my 2005 Equinox my battery is located under the hood not under the seat of the vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment