Friday, September 23, 2011

How should I talk to my grandpa about asking for his Chevy truck?

I am about to get my license and want to have a car to drive to school soon. My grandpa is into fixing up trucks and has a 1995 Chevy Silverado with 4x4 and the z71 package on it and I don't know how I would ask him and what I should do also to impress him with what I have been learning about with trucks. I might just ask him to show me the truck first and then ask.|||Just show an interest. Ask him if you can help him work on it sometime. Working on it will give you time to chat. You can then tell him that you are thinking of saving up to get a truck just like that one. If he knows you like it maybe he will give you a chance to buy it. Or maybe he will help you find another one that needs work and you can work on that one together. Bank of Grandpa is going to be easier to deal with than a real bank. The bonus is you will learn how to work on cars and that will save you a ton of money in the long run.|||show interest in not only that truck, but in him and the other trucks he may have. spend time with him and the trucks, but especially him as he wont outlast a chevy truck.





if thats the vehicle you end up, get some lessons in driving it. chances are you learned what youve learned in little cars, and have no off road experince at all. better to learn from instruction then the hard way.





personally, i wouldnt give any beginning driver i care about a powerful and capable vehicle to start with. a full size 4x4 z71 is a powerful and capable vehicle.


all drivers are likely to get the majority of accidents and tickets in the 1st year or two. in that time, a very high crash rating and relaibility is what matters most. and lower top speed and accelration means the tickets wont be as big when you speed by a cop.....|||Show some interest in working on it or his other projects. He might not give it to you but he would probably be happy to help you find a decent truck and fix it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment