Tuesday, September 27, 2011

My power steering on my 97 chevy malibu went out while trying to get out of a snowbank. Any ideas?

I got stuck in the snow and I had to really yank on the steering wheel and do all the usual tricks for getting un-stuck in the snow and after I had gottan out of the snow, my power steering quit working. Any ideas on what it could be? My car is a 1997 Chevy Malibu.|||Kim your going to need to have your car inspected by the dealer or local repair shop.There are a chance you broke one of your power steering lines and cause this problem.Best of luck.|||Check the belt, does it have tension, is it on the pulley, has the fluid drained? Is one of the mounting brackets broken? All rig-able. If it's leaking bad and you have no power steering fluid and you can't fix it, try putting ATF in if you have it laying around. Or see a doctor.|||check the reservoir to see if the level is right c- for cold, h-hot(the engine), then look at the bottom of the pump to see if you bend a line.

No comments:

Post a Comment