Thursday, September 15, 2011

What is the purpose of the Chevy Z71 package in a 2wd truck?

I am looking at a used 04' Chevy Colorado. It says that it has the Z71 off road package but it is a 2wd truck. I know the Z71 package is an off road package, so why would it be offered in a 2wd truck?|||Z71 gives you skid plates, better shocks, and the appearance package. I've never seen it on a 2wd truck, though. Not saying it wasn't available, but I guess maybe some folks just like the look.|||I had a new z71 4x4 fully loaded. It was one of the best handling trucks I have had. I also agree, I didn't know they were putting them on 2wd's. z71 packages are mainly for handling which could also help out the 2wd so it would be feasible. And yes, it is for off road , but I think it is the shocks that would be the main thing in a 2wd package.|||The z71 is just an offroading package. For better ground clearence, skid plates, and better suspension. You dont really need 4wd in a chevy, most have a locking rear differential. The z71 is just for a better overall ride over rough terrain.|||The Z71 package really isnt worth the money... the 4wd trucks have the Billstein shocks and the upgraded off-road intuitive 4wd system, but the 2wd trucks only have the shocks... that is the only difference. A few hundred dollar mod with a $4000 price tag... dont do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment