Thursday, September 15, 2011

How to install cam bearings in a chevy truck?

I need to know how to install cam bearings in a 5.7 L engine 1998 Chevy.


I need to know about the oil Galleries specifically|||The cam bearings are just slightly different in diameter, so you have to make sure you install them in the correct order. The smallest in back, largest in front. Make sure the oil holes are lined up when you put them in. I personally never do it my self, I find it easier to do it when I take the block for cleaning, but if you are just replacing the cam, and want to do it yourself, my advice is to purchase or rent the proper tool.|||you use a cam bearing installation tool... i wouldn't recommend doing it yourself if you've never built an engine before. remember the rear bearing goes in first and you work forward toward the front of the engine.|||the bearings are simply tapped into place ...but you do need the proper tool

No comments:

Post a Comment