Thursday, September 15, 2011

What should i do to my 1956 chevy pickup frame?

I have got my 1956 chevy pickup down to the bare frame. There are some parts of the frame the are rusted out. Also the owner before me had cut the front end off and put on a 80's chevy truck front end. This is my first car restoration and im only 19. I want to make a hot rod type truck. I have no clue what to do with the frame or how to fix it. Any suggestions please?|||I've been rebuilding my little Toyota Truck for a while now. The frame on it was really rusty and the cross member was actually torn out. I've re-boxed 2/3 s of the frame using 1/8 inch plate steel and welded it all up using a 110v mig welder. Check out my web page for more details





funfactorfab.ca|||here,s how i fixed the frame on my 74 ford truck i use to have. i got a piece of flat iron and stuck it inside the frame, drilled holes through it and used carriage bolts but if you want you can have someone spot weld the metal in. i used carriage bolts because i had brake and gas lines in the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment